You Don’t Have to Sacrifice Performance for Convenience in a SUP.
Introducing the New Walker Bay AIRIS® HardTop™, the World’s First Hybrid High-Pressure Stand Up Paddleboard.
If your idea of fun is sitting down as you leisurely paddle from point A to point B, check out our quality selection of inflatable dinghies. But if want to be at one with the water, our inflatable SUPs are the way to go. And if you like it fast, then this the model for you! The Walker Bay TOUR 12.5 is built for speed and performance. The longer water line and subtle rocker on this board mean it is quick on the water. It glides easily and there is no flex unlike other inflatable boards and comes with bungee tie downs for gear.
Don’t compromise. Just enjoy.
The AIRIS HardTop™ is the winner of Boating Industry’s TOP PRODUCTS 2015 Award.
*Paddle sold separately
All Walker Bay products are proudly designed and built in North America.
- RigiDeck™ EVA Covered Fiberglass Base – Two rigid base plates create a solid standing area which feels as stiff to your feet as a rigid SUP but still allows for the HardTop™ to deflate and roll for convenient storage.Air Web™ 6" Construction –The HardTop™ SUP is built using Walker Bay’s proprietary AIRIS® high pressure construction. The HardTop™ inflates to 6.5psi and with the 6" thick construction is incredibly rigid vs. other more standard inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards.Gear attachment points – 4 attachment points in the front of the board are perfect for tying down gear or belongings.Airpack™ carrying bag – comes included with every HardTop™ SUP and makes transporting simple and easy.Proprietary AIRIS® High-Pressure Construction means the HardTop™ SUP is the most Rigid Inflatable SUP in the World.
Not Just Another SUP
AIRIS inflatable kayaks are not like your average inflatable kayaks, and so it goes with our inflatable SUPs. The HardTop™ model, for example, is stiffer and boasts a more rigid deck that other SUPs of its kind. Bonus: The HardTop™ is also loaded with tons of extra features.
Standard Features and Components
- RigiDeck™ EVA covered fiberglass steps – Two rigid base plates create a solid standing area which feels as stiff to your feet as a rigid SUP but still allows for the HardTop™ to deflate and roll for convenient storage
- AirWeb™ 6” Construction – The HardTop™ SUP is built using Walker Bay’s proprietary AIRIS® high-pressure construction. The HardTop™ inflates to 12psi, and with the 6” thick construction, is incredibly rigid vs. other more standard inflatable stand up paddleboards
- Gear attachment points – attachment points in the front of the board are perfect for tying down gear or belongings
- Airpack™ carrying bag – comes included with every HardTop™ SUP and makes transporting simple and easy
- Large rear skeg offers better tracking performance
- Premium one-way valves make inflation and deflation easy and straightforward
- Proprietary AIRIS® High-Pressure Construction means the HardTop™ SUP is the most rigid inflatable SUP in the world.
- High-Pressure Adjustable Two-Way Hand Pump included. Hand pump inflates the HardTop™ SUP in minutes and includes an adjustable valve for one or two way pumping plus a pressure gage to ensure the proper PSI level.
HardTop TOUR 12’6″
HardTop SUV 11′
HardTop Stubby 9′
Length 12’6” / 380cm 11′ / 335cm 9′ / 274cm Width 2’7” / 80cm 2’7” / 80cm 2’7″ / 80cm Thickness 6” / 15cm 6” / 15cm 6” / 15cm Weight 33lbs / 15 kg 26.5 lbs / 10.5 kg 20 lbs / 9 kg Volume 336L 297L 280L Air Chambers 1 1 1 Storage Dimensions 44”x16.5”x10.4”
Weight Capacity 275 lbs/ 125 kgs 250 lbs/ 114 kgs 225 lbs/ 102 kgs Min. Pressure 5 psi 5 psi 5 psi Recommended Pressure 7 psi 7 psi 7 psi Max. Pressure 12 psi 12 psi 12 psi
No Compromise. The Performance of a Rigid SUP with the Portability of an Inflatable
The main reason for tracking performance in a stand up paddleboard (SUP) is stiffness and waterline. The Walker Bay AIRIS Arrow Inflatable SUP tracks better than any other inflatable SUP in the world because it is stiffer than any other inflatable SUP in the world. Only with the AIRIS Patented AirWeb™ construction can we make something inflatable that works this well. As with our leading edge inflatable kayaks, you have to try our SUPs to believe it.
How is it Stiffer?
Most other inflatable SUPs are built using standard 4″ drop-stitch material. To try to create stiffness the construction of these boards attempt to reach higher PSI pressures to help. These high-pressure, yet thin, boards really don’t create the stiffness needed for good tracking and performance due to the limitations of the thin construction. AIRIS construction achieves this stiffness through proprietary AirWeb™ 6″ construction. The HardTop™ SUPs provide superior stiffness, holding a better waterline and creating an inflatable board that feels like a rigid board.
The other issue with inflatable SUPs is rigidity under foot. To balance on a board you need to constantly adjust your balance and if the surface under your feet is not still, then this is difficult and you can get foot cramping. The EVA covered fiberglass steps on the HardTop™ boards make them feel exactly like a rigid board while paddling. While other inflatable SUP designs flex underfoot and make it difficult to balance, the HardTop™ is just as rigid as a fully rigid board but with the convenience of an inflatable SUP. You will have to seriously double check to see you are not on a rigid board.
You have to try it to believe it.
There are no reviews on this product at this time.