You Don’t Have to Sacrifice Performance for Convenience in a SUP.
The World’s First Hybrid High-Pressure Stand Up Paddleboard. Now built to take you even further.
The new Walker Bay AIRIS™ Adventure Series Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) incorporates the proprietary HollowDeck™ feature allowing you to take more gear for longer extended adventures. Having the HollowDeck™ storage area means you can now pack the entire inside front of the board with gear for your next big adventure. Dry storage for everything you need.
The AIRIS HardTop™ is the winner of Boating Industry’s TOP PRODUCTS 2015 Award.
A SUP and Kayak all in one!
An added benefit of the Walker Bay HardTop™ 11 is that you can easily add a backrest to the board and paddle sitting down as you would in one of our inflatable kayaks! Great for exploring or surfing on waves, the AIRIS SUPs do more.
(kayak seat sold separately)
*Paddle sold separately
All Walker Bay products are proudly designed and built in North America.
- RigiDeck™ EVA Covered Fiberglass Base – Two rigid base plates create a solid standing area which feels as stiff to your feet as a rigid SUP but still allows for the HardTop™ to deflate and roll for convenient storage.Air Web™ 6" Construction –The HardTop™ SUP is built using Walker Bay’s proprietary AIRIS® high pressure construction. The HardTop™ inflates to 6.5psi and with the 6" thick construction is incredibly rigid vs. other more standard inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards.Gear attachment points – 4 attachment points in the front of the board are perfect for tying down gear or belongings.Airpack™ carrying bag – comes included with every HardTop™ SUP and makes transporting simple and easy.Proprietary AIRIS® High-Pressure Construction means the HardTop™ SUP is the most Rigid Inflatable SUP in the World.High Pressure Adjustable Two-Way Hand Pump included. Hand pump inflates the HardTop™ SUP in minutes and includes an adjustable valve for one or two way pumping plus a pressure gage to ensure the proper PSI level.
Not just another SUP
Can’t decide between an inflatable kayak or inflatable SUP? Well, now you don’t have to! The AIRIS HardTop™ SUP offers the best of both worlds. Plus, it boasts superior construction. Which means, compared to other SUPs of its kind, this model is stiffer and has a more rigid deck. But that’s not all. The HardTop™ is loaded with tons of extra features.
Standard Features and Components
- RigiDeck™ EVA covered fiberglass steps – Two rigid base plates create a solid standing area which feels as stiff to your feet as a rigid SUP but still allows for the HardTop™ to deflate and roll for convenient storage
- AirWeb™ 6” Construction – The HardTop™ SUP is built using Walker Bay’s proprietary AIRIS® high-pressure construction. The HardTop™ inflates to 12psi and with the 6” thick construction is incredibly rigid vs. other more standard inflatable stand up paddleboards
- Gear attachment points – attachment points in the front of the board are perfect for tying down gear or belongings
- Airpack™ carrying bag – comes included with every HardTop™ SUP and makes transporting simple and easy
- Large rear skeg offers better tracking performance
- Premium one-way valves make inflation and deflation easy and straightforward
- Proprietary AIRIS® High-Pressure Construction means the HardTop™ SUP is the most rigid inflatable SUP in the world.
- High-Pressure Adjustable Two-Way Hand Pump included. Hand pump inflates the HardTop™ SUP in minutes and includes an adjustable valve for one or two way pumping plus a pressure gage to ensure the proper PSI level.
HardTop Hollowdeck 12’6″
HardTop Hollowdeck 11′
Length 12’6” / 380cm 11′ / 335cm Width 2’7” / 80cm 2’5” / 74cm Thickness 6” / 15cm 6” / 15cm Weight 35lbs / 16 kg 28.5 lbs / 13 kg Volume 336L 297L Air Chambers 2 2 Storage Dimensions 44”x16.5”x10.4”
Weight Capacity 275 lbs/ 125 kgs 250 lbs/ 114 kgs Min. Pressure 5 psi 5 psi Recommended Pressure 7 psi 7 psi Max. Pressure 12 psi 12 psi
No Compromise. The Performance of a Rigid SUP with the Portability of an Inflatable
The main reason for tracking performance in a stand up paddleboard (SUP) is stiffness and waterline. The AIRIS Arrow Inflatable SUP tracks better than any other inflatable SUP in the world because it is stiffer than any other inflatable SUP in the world. Only with the AIRIS Patented AirWeb™ construction can we make something inflatable that works this well. As with our leading edge inflatable kayaks, you have to try our inflatable SUPs to believe it.
How is it Stiffer?
Most other inflatable SUPs are built using standard 4″ drop-stitch material. To try to create stiffness the construction of these boards attempt to reach higher PSI pressures to help. These high pressure, yet thin, boards really don’t create the stiffness needed for good tracking and performance due to the limitations of the thin construction. AIRIS construction achieves this stiffness through proprietary AirWeb™ 6″ construction. The HardTop™ SUPs provide superior stiffness, holding a better waterline and creating an inflatable board that feels like a rigid board.
The other issue with inflatable SUPs is rigidity under foot. To balance on a board you need to constantly adjust your balance and it the surface under your feet is not still then this is difficult and you can get foot cramping. The EVA covered fiberglass steps on the HardTop™ boards make them feel exactly like a rigid board while paddling. While other inflatable SUP designs flex underfoot and make it difficult to balance, the HardTop™ is just as rigid as a fully rigid board but with the convenience of an inflatable SUP. Or if you feel like taking a load off, simply add a kayak seat and enjoy your ride sitting down.
Get out and explore!
There are no reviews on this product at this time.